We’re hiring! Take a look at the jobs listed below and contact firstname.lastname@example.org for application information.
Job Title: Electronic Component Assembler-Hand Soldering
No supervisory responsibilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs any combination of the following tasks to assemble electronic components, subassemblies, products or systems: reads work orders, follows production drawings and sample assemblies, and receives verbal instructions regarding duties to be performed.
- Positions and aligns parts in specified relationships to each other in jig, fixture or other holding devices.
- Crimps, stakes, screws, bolts, rivets, welds, solders, cements, press fits or performs similar operations to join or secure parts in place (using hand tools, power tools, machines and equipment).
- Mounts assembled components such as transformers, resistors, transistors, capacitors, integrated circuits and sockets on chassis panel.
- Connects component lead wires to printed circuit or routes and connects wires between individual component leads and other components, connectors, terminals and contact points (using soldering, welding, thermocompression bonding, or related bonding procedures and equipment).
- Installs finished assemblies or subassemblies in cases and cabinets.
- Assembles and attaches hardware, such as caps, clamps, knobs, and switches, to assemblies.
- Performs intermediate assembly tasks, such as potting, encapsulating, sanding, cleaning, epoxy bonding, curing, stamping, etching, impregnating and color coding parts and assemblies.
- Tends to machines that press, shape or wind component parts.
- Adjusts or trims materials from components to achieve specified electrical or dimensional characteristics.
- Performs online go-not-go testing and inspection, using magnifying devices, measuring instruments, and electronic test equipment, to ensure parts and assemblies meet production specifications and standards.
- May perform assembly operations under microscope or other magnifying device.
- In addition to the above, installing electronic components and/or touch-up of existing solder joints using handheld soldering iron; frequently performing the above operation using vision magnification and in accordance with IPC J-STD 001 standard to the quality standard IPC 610 class II or class III.
Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, commitment to quality standards, ability to work successfully in a fast paced, high energy environment
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell.
- The employee may regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to working near moving mechanical parts.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Included with the above requirements is “and any other duties as assigned by management”.